Where's the Best Place You Ever Trained?

Like many great champions, John Grimek was a product of home gym training as a young man.


Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Two quick notes, and then we'll talk
training.

1. The New Course -- With Electronic
Delivery.

If you missed the big news, we have a
new course out -- with electronic delivery.
You buy it, and you get a link to download
the PDF for instant delivery. No waiting,
and no shipping and handling charges.

Go here to grab the little monster:

http://www.brookskubik.com/minicourse_01.html

Be sure to let me know how you like the
course and the digital delivery. If you
like it, we can do more -- but let me
know!

ALSO - if you have any ideas for future
courses, send them in! We always try
to bring you what you want.

2. The Iron League.

John Wood is adding more and more
great stuff to the Iron League every
day. Go here to check it out:

http://www.ironleague.com/

3. Where's the Best Place You Ever
Trained?

I've trained lots of different places, and
most of them had their good and not so
good aspects.

But overall, most of them were pretty
good. And some of them were great.
That makes it hard to pick the best one.

Like many of you, I started training in my
bedroom at my parents' house. Flat bench,
110 pound barbell set, etc. You may have
done the same.

It was a good place to train -- and a very
good place to get started.

I trained in different junior high, high school,
college and YMCA weight rooms. Those were
good, too.

I've trained in fancy, well-equipped gyms, and
basic, black iron gyms. The basic, black iron
gyms were much better.

You can tell a good gym by looking at things
like squat racks, power racks, lifting platforms,
barbells and dumbbells. If everything is heavy,
strong, sturdy and functional, that's a good
sign.

It's also a good sign if there's plenty of old
iron in the gym. If you're serious about this
stuff, you know that a barbell plate or a
set of dumbbells weighs the same whether
it's brand new or 50 years old.

My favorite places to train have always been
home gyms.

Some of them include:

1. A simple gym I set up in my parents' garage.
It featured homemade squat stands and some
gigantic 75 pound plates I made from concrete.

2. The basement gym in my old house. Power rack
and all. You can see it in my old Dinosaur Training
DVD's -- and see photos of the gym on the DVD
covers:

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaur_dvds.html

3. The garage gym where I now train. Lifting
platform, barbell, squat stands -- and some
new goodies I'll tell you about next week.

It's a little piece of Heaven for me.

If you train at home, you probably feel the
same way about your gym.

4. The Island Gym I set up in a corner of a
sandy parking lot on Ocracoke Island in North
Carolina. It featured old York squat stands, a
300 pound barbell set, and nothing else. It
was great!

5. Mike Thompson's gym in his fifth floor
flat in a London apartment building. Power
rack, barbells, and lots of iron. Mike had
hauled everything up the steps by himself,
which must have been a heck of a workout.
It was one of the best home gyms ever --
and I really enjoyed training there on a
vacation 20 years ago.

So those five are probably my favorite places
to train over the years.

What about you?

Where's the best place you ever trained?

Let me know, and I'll share the answers
with the Dinos!

In the meantime, be sure to grab the new
training course -- and let me know how you
like it -- and what you'd like us to cover in
future courses!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Here's the link again for the new course:

http://www.brookskubik.com/minicourse_01.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses -- and my
DVD's -- are right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Some old iron
and a place to lift it can make a pretty good
gym." -- Brooks Kubik