Live and Lift with No Regrets!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

As regular readers know, my dad passed away
in April of this year. He was 87.

I have some of his old books, and a few days
ago I picked one of them up to read. It was about
a young couple that moved to Ontario and built
a log cabin far out in the Northern wilderness.
This was back around 1920, and there was
still plenty of land available for anyone who
wanted to go out into the bush and settle
down.

I opened the book, and some old, yellowed
papers fell out of it.

There was a small drawing cut out of the
Cincinnati newspaper back in 1977. It was
a drawing of a small cabin: front, back, side,
and view from the top looking straight down.

There were several sheets of my dad's old
graph paper, with additional drawings and
sketches in pencil, along with notes in my
dad's handwriting.

It was a set of plans for a small wilderness
cabin. My dad put them together in 1977,
when he was 49 years old. Then he put
them in the old book, and saved them.

I never knew about this until I read that
old book and found the drawings and floor
plans for the cabin.

But I do  know this. Dad never built that
dream cabin.

I don't know why. But he never did. Maybe
he forgot about it. Or maybe it was some-
thing he always wished he had done.

And that brings us to the take-away from
this story.

Someday, my children are going to be
going through my books and notes and
weightlifting stuff -- and they're going to
find all sorts of workouts and training
programs, and notes of new exercises
and new equipment to try, a list of my
personal bests in different exercises
and lifts, and lists of future training
goals and things I want to do while I
still can.

Heck, I was working on one of those
lists last night. The notes are on a
small table in the breakfast room.

So here's the deal.

I don't want to leave notes and lists
about things I wanted to do, but never
got around to doing.

And I bet you probably feel the same
way.

Anyhow, you may not need any extra
motivation about training hard and
eating smart and working to achieve
your goals and make your dreams a
reality.

But if you do need just a hint of extra
motivation -- you just got it!

As always, thanks for reading and have
a great day. If you train today (as I will
in about 15 minutes), make it a good
one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. These little monsters have been our
best-sellers this month -- and they'll help
you live and train the "no regrets" way:

a. Gray Hair and Black Iron

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

b. Strength, Muscle and Power

http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

c. Dinosaur Dumbbell Training

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_dumbbelltraining.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are right
here  at Dino Headquarters -- along with
links to all of e-books on Kindle:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Live every day
as if it were your last, and do the same with
every rep of every workout." -- Brooks Kubik

***********************************************************************************