A Dino-Style Bacon Burger

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

I just finished a great lunch consisting
of a favorite meal of many strongmen.


I had to cook lunch for myself because
it's Kentucky Derby Day, and Trudi is at
the track with our daughter.


I stayed home to work on a new Dino
project, and before you could say
"T Rex", it was lunchtime.


Anyhow, I was pretty hungry, so I made
a Dino-style Bacon Burger.


Here's the recipe:

1. Do an hour of heavy squat snatches
the night before, so you kick your
metabolism into high gear.  As a
result of my weightlifting workouts,
I'm hungry all the time. If you train
Dino style, as I assume you do, then
you know what I mean.


a. Squats work well, too.

b. Ditto for deadlifts.

c. Or the clean and press.

d. Or the clean and jerk.

e. Or an hour or so of anything that
Dinos do.


2. Dinner last night was a big steak,
a small baked potato with butter, and
some grilled asparagus.


a. Breakfast was a three-egg Dino
omelet, and a half-pound hamburger
patty with no bread or bun.


b. Those were big meals, but like I
said, I'm always hungry.


c. if you're a Dino, training is serious
business, and so are your meals.


3. For lunch, I cooked some bacon and
set it to the side.


a. I poured half the bacon grease into
a glass jar. We save it in the fridge and
use it for cooking. Works great with eggs.


4. Then I fried a half-pound bison burger
in the remaining bacon grease.


a. Ground beef also works well, but we
had ground bison in the fridge, so I went
with that.


b. Brontosaurus burgers are also good.

c. BTW, this was grass-fed, grass-finished,
free-range bison -- raised with no hormones
and no antibiotics.


d. And the bacon was from pastured pork.

e. All of it raised locally -- and purchased
at our favorite farmers' market.


5. While the burger was cooking, I washed
and chopped some lettuce and sliced up a
nice looking tomato.


6. When the burger was done, I put it
on a plate with the bacon, the lettuce
and the tomato slices.


7. There was no bun, because I don't eat
bread or other wheat products -- or any
sort of baked goods -- or any refined foods. 


And that was lunch.

Fast, simple and very good -- and good for
you -- just like a Dino-style workout!


If you want to learn more about Dino-style
nutrition, grab Knife, Fork, Muscle. It's the
best book ever written about serious diet
and nutrition for strength training and
muscle building.


You can get the hard-copy right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_nutrition.html

For those of you who prefer e-books, we're
releasing Knife, Fork, Muscle as a series of
e-books. Book no. 1 in the series covers
protein for Dinos -- which is a pretty important
and vastly misunderstood topic.


You can grab book no. 1 in the e-book series
right here. 


http://www.brookskubik.com/knifeforkmuscle01_kindle.html

By the way, you might recognize the name of
the man who posted the first review for book
no. 1 in the e-book series. He's pretty famous.


We'll work on getting the next e-books in the
series on-line as fast as possible. Be looking
for them.


Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. If you're looking for some workouts that
will help build a Dino-style appetite, try this
little monster:


http://www.brookskubik.com/strength_muscle_power.html

P.S. 2. My other books and courses are right
here at Dino Headquarters -- along with links
to the Kindle pages for my e-books:


http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Hard training
Dinos don't just eat -- they demolish their
meals." -- Brooks Kubik


*******************************************