Seven Rules I Break All the Time!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Many years ago, a flaming barbell plate appeared
in the sky over Muscle Beach.

It spun for hours, then slowly dropped to the silver
sands.

The musclemen approached it cautiously and
slowly.

It had words etched into it.

They became the training rules that everyone
followed from that day forward.

Except for me.

I don't follow them.

And neither should you.

So let me share seven "rules" that I don't follow:

1. Train every day on a split routine.

2. Isolate your muscles when you train.

3. Train for a pump.

4. Your goal is to look like a bodybuilding
champion.

5. Eat six meals a day without fail, and be sure
to get 300 to 400 grams of protein.

6. Consume massive amounts of food supplements.

7. Load up on roidskies.

My approach is a little bit different.

I train for strength, and I focus on basic, compound
exercises.

I don't try to isolate my muscles when I train. To
the contrary, I do many total body exercises, such
as squats, deadlifts and Olympic weightlifting. I
haven't figured out how to isolate my rear delts
or the upper outer head of the triceps when I do
a squat snatch or a clean and jerk.

I don't train for a pump. I train for function. I
measure my progress by adding weight to the
bar.

My goal is to build strength and health. The two
aspects of that goal -- strength and health --
are both important -- and they are closely
connected.

My workouts are designed to build strength and
health throughout the entire body. Not just the
muscles. The entire body, inside and out.

My workouts strengthen my internal organs and
promote healthy functioning throughout my
body. Thus, they build organic health.

My workouts are fun. They're the highlight of my
day. They make me feel great. And that's another
health-building part of the program. It's also why
I'm still out in the garage, hitting the iron like
clockwork at close to age 60 -- and after almost
half a century of doing it.

I don't use supplements. They're not necessary.
In many cases, they're counter-productive,
especially if they upset your digestive system,
or if they distract you from eating real food.
I don't force-feed and I don't consume massive
amounts of protein. It's not necessary. (I do,
however, eat plenty of good food -- and it's real
food from local farmers and growers -- and I
have a vegetable garden where I grow much of
our food. I don't minimize the importance of a
healthy diet, I just define it much differently than
most people. See Knife, Fork, Muscle for further
information about my approach to diet and
nutrition for strength and health.)

I don't take roidskies. They're not necessary, either.
And no matter what anyone tells you, they're not
good for you. Neither are the gray-market supplements
that mimic them.

In short, I'm a bit of a rebel -- or at least, a muscle-
building non-conformist.

Or you could call me a dinosaur.

That works, too.

As always, thanks for reading and have a great day.
If you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. For more about common sense diet and nutrition
for strength training and muscle building, grab Knife,
Fork, Muscle:

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_nutrition.html

P.S. 2. We have two great Dinosaur Training e-books
on Amazon's Kindle site. Go here to grab them:

http://www.brookskubik.com/militarypress_kindle.html

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_secrets_01.html

P.S. 3. My other books and courses are right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html


P.S. 4. Thought for the Day: "Rules are made to be
broken, but it's still a good idea to work hard on your
squats." -- Brooks Kubik

*********************************************