What's Your Favorite Exercise?

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Two quick updates for you, and then we'll
get to the topic of the day -- your favorite
exercise.

1. Knife, Fork, Muscle

Is looking GREAT -- and is a little longer than
I expected -- but is also running behind schedule,
for which I apologize to everyone who has reserved
a copy.

I should have more info on the shipping date later
in the week, and when I do, I'll let you know. Of
course, we have everything ready to fire them
out the door as soon as we get the shipment
of books from our printer.

Because we are running late, I am doing SEVEN
free bonuses. They will be short bulletins or special
reports on topics we couldn't fit into the book -- or
on breaking news, such as some very recent research
studies that support some of the advice in the book.

And here's something that will give you a chuckle.
I'm doing a personal note to everyone who placed
an order -- a handwritten note -- and I have to tell
you, writing that many notes is a heck of a hand and
finger workout!

2. The Dinosaur Files

Look for the order page to go up in the next 24 - 48
hours. The first issue will be printed and ready to ship
around the middle of November. I'll send an email when
the link is ready.

And now -- let's talk training.

Do you have a favorite exercise? If so, what is it? And
why?

I've had different favorite exercises over the years. It
varies depending on my workout and my current
training goals.

My favorite exercise is usually one that I'm good at --
and one that feels good to perform, even when you're
hitting it as hard as you can. It's always an exercise
that requires some real effort -- and one where I
leave lots of sweat behind after every workout.

Some of my past favorites have been:

1. Bottom position squats in the power rack

2. Bottom position bench presses in the power rack
with a regular bar or a thick bar

3. The power clean and military press or push press

4. The one-arm dumbbell swing

5. Different variations of Dinosaur pull-ups, as
detailed in Dinosaur Bodyweight Training --
especially double rope pull-ups.

6. Handstand pushups

7. Very heavy but strict barbell curls, which I
always thought of as "power curls" because
that's what they were.

Trap Bar deadlifts have been very close to favorite
exercise status -- and maybe they were at one time,
but seven is a good number for a list, so I'll stop
there.

Ditto for presses and push presses from the rack --
and ditto for barrel lifting -- and sandbag lifting --
and anvil lifting -- and one-arm deadlifts -- and
80 degree incline presses in the power rack,
starting with the bar on pins at the chest --
and the farmer's walk --  and, heck, I could
go on and on.

I love my training. Almost every exercise is my
favorite exercise.

And I guess that's a good thing.

My current training focuses on weightlifting, so I
mostly do split style snatches and squat style cleans
and split style jerks. Not much else, other than front
squats or back squats with the Dave Draper Top Squat.

I like them all, but my favorite is a toss-up between
split style snatches and squat cleans. I enjoy them
because they're challenging, and because I enjoy
the feel of the fast, athletic movements. It's a
different sort of feeling than a slower exercise
such as a deadlift, press or curl. I suppose I like
them because I didn't do them when I was
younger, and so they are a new exercise for
me.

So those are some of MY favorite exercises.

What are YOURS? Drop a line and let me know!

As always, thanks for reading and have a great
day. If you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Doug Hepburn's favorite exercises were probably
the bench press, the press from squat stands or the
push press from squat stands. You can read about his
life and lifting in this great course:

http://www.brookskubik.com/doug_hepburn.html

P.S. 2. Yes, there's still time to reserve your copy
of Knife, Fork, Muscle and grab the pre-publication
bonuses:

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaur_nutrition.html

P.S. 3. My other books and courses are right here:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 4. Thought for the Day: "Training is fun, and
hitting your favorite exercises hard and heavy is
the most fun of all." -- Brooks Kubik

*****************************************