Another Training Day!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

Today is going to be a great day because it's
a training day.

In my book, training days are the best day
of the week. Guaranteed.

Someone asked me if strength training is
different as you grow older.

"Do you still have the same fire ior your
training?" he asked. "The same passion
for it?"

It was a good question.

The answer is an unequivocable YES!

In fact, I enjoy training more than ever. My
workouts are more fun than ever. I love my
workouts -- my garage -- my platform -- my
barbell -- and my squat stands. I love every
aspect of my training.

And I wouldn't trade it for anything in the
world.

That answer surprises many younger trainees,
who seem to assume that we lose interest in
our training as we grow older.

But older trainees will nod their heads in
agreement. They understand.

I think the difference is this.

When you are young, you often train for a
specific purpose, such as winnuing a contest
or a championship, setting a record, or hitting
a particular weight in a given lift.

Older trainees may focus on similar goals,
but most of us focus on the sheer enjoyment
of training.

We train because it feels good -- and because it
makes our bodies feel good. Makes us feel
young.

Makes our hearts and minds feel young, too.
And that's why today's going to be a great day.

It's a training day.

As always, thanks for reading and have a great
day. If you train today, make it a good one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. Here's the number one book about serious
training for older Dinos:

http://www.brookskubik.com/grayhair_blackiron.html

P.S. 2. Diet and nutrition is critical for older
trainees -- and I cover it in detail in Knife, Fork,
Muscle:

http://brookskubik.com/dinosaur_nutrition.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Make every workout
fun. Enjoy your training. Workout days should be
the best days of the week." -- Brooks Kubik