Earn that Weight!

Hail to the Dinosaurs!

We'll talk training in a minute, but in case
you missed it, here's some BIG news. We're
going to put up a sales page for my new
book on diet and nutrition for Dinos on
Mon 9-15.

This will be out standard pre-publication
launch, with a couple of special bonuses
for those who take action during the
pre-publication special.

Be looking for the announcement on 9-15.

In training news, I've noticed a strange
phenomenon. You see it on Facebook all
the time.

It's the guy (or gal) (or their coach) who
posts a photo or a video or message about
hitting a new PR or a big number in some
lift or exercise that they haven't done for
a long time.

Usually it's the deadlift, probably because
the skill factor is less than in many other
lifts.

"Yo, peeps! I haven't done deadlifts for six
months, but I tried them yesterday and pulled
a new PR. Time to get serious at #liftlikeagod#
trainingforragnarock#torncallusesrgood#
pull2000x10."

Or something like that.

So, a couple of questions.

1. Why brag about not having done deadlifts
(or whatever) for six months?

2. Why go for a heavy one rep max in the DL
or any other lift if you've not been training the
lift regularly?

3. Have you earned bragging rights for this
lift?

I'd much rather read a report like this:

"Been training my deadlift regularly for the
past six months. Started light and worked up
in weight. Hit them once a week. Do 5's one
week, and 3's and singles the next. Aimed
to hit a new max on my birthday -- and got
it. Love the feeling when you work to make
it happen, and it does!"

In other words, I like to see people EARN the
weight. To me, the process is what matters.
The process of working steadily to achieve
a goal.

I guess that makes me old fashioned, but
that's not news to anyone.

As always, thanks for reading, and have a
great day. If you train today, make it a good
one!

Yours in strength,

Brooks Kubik

P.S. I've got some terrific back specialization
programs in CHALK AND SWEAT. If you want
to earn some serious strength and muscle,
give them a try:

http://www.brookskubik.com/chalk_and_sweat.html

P.S.2. My other books and courses are right
here at Dino Headquarters -- and remember,
we're launching the new diet and nutrition book
on 9-15:

http://www.brookskubik.com/products.html

P.S. 3. Thought for the Day: "Nothing in life
is free, including strength." -- Brooks Kubik